If you’re just getting your business started, it’s imperative to your success online to establish a Google Business page. It’s where your future customers can find your: location, services and, most importantly, REVIEWS.
Because you’re an exceptional carpet cleaner, you’re going to do an amazing job cleaning every customer’s home. They’re going to be thrilled with your service and you’re going to ask them to go find you on Google and leave a review. They’re going to go online and help you gain traction in your market with every review.
Here’s how to get your page going if you haven’t done so already:
- Go to www.google.com/business. It will take you to a page that looks like this:
- Click on “Get on Google” either in the middle of the page or up in the top right. You can also click on “Sign In” if you already have a company Google account. If you don’t, that’s fine. You can create one.
- You’ll be shown a map of the US. You’ll search for your business by name. If it doesn’t come up in a search, you can click on “None of these match – Add your business.”
- Add your business information on the following page. ***Make sure you check the box that says “I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations.”***
- Then you’ll select a service radius (unfortunately, you can’t just select a county) or add zip codes to a list.
- Agree to the terms of service, and verify that the contact information is correct.
Once you’ve confirmed this information and you’ve agreed to the Terms of Service, you’re all set up. You’ll now have a Google+ page for your business. You can start posting as a business and start taking reviews. Have your customers search SPECIFICALLY for your company name. You’ll show up on the right-hand side of the page in search. Customers can click “Write a Review” and sing your praises to future customers.
You’ll be glad you did this. Trust me.