In my journeys as a digital marketing coach, I come across many different programs and companies that purport to make your life easier. Some do and some don’t. Over the past couple months, however, I’ve been testing a tool that I think can really simplify your marketing and business operations.
I’ve talked in the past about how to use Hootsuite and schedule out posts, but what if you’re more of a “right here and now” kind of person?
I’d like to introduce you to “If This Then That” or “IFTTT”.
IFTTT for Marketing
- Automatically share pictures you post to Instagram to your company’s Facebook page and Twitter feed. If you don’t want to have it run every time, you can modify it to only share them when you use a hashtag like #chemdry.
- If someone follows your business on Twitter, send them an automatic “Thank You” tweet.
For Business Operations
- Technicians to track their work hours at their jobs, you can have that button connect to a Google Drive spreadsheet that logs the time and location of the button press.The check in when they arrive and leave.
- Have your techs send a quick text message telling you they’re heading to the next job.
- Download the IFTTT app and register for a free account.
- Browse the app integrations available to you and see what you would like to have it do.
- Use it on a regular basis to share updates to social media channels, which strengthens your SEO presence.